Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let's not be a hoochie

So in this post I told you about how I have a hard time getting rid of old clothing. This post is just another example of that. I bought this dress online when I was in college, and I've never worn it for 2 reasons:

  1. It's pretty sheer and I couldn't figure out how to keep my undies from showing through it.
  2. It's way too short to actually be a dress. Whoever made this forgot how to measure.

I, of course, was too lazy to return it for a refund so it has sat in my closet for years because it was about 6 inches too short. The other weekend I was looking for some fresh inspiration in my closet and BOOM it came to me!

Put leggings under the dress!



I was introduced to leggings this past winter and I love them! I thought I wasn't going to like them  because they are so tight and I didn't want it to look like I'm wearing panty hose with a shirt. I didn't ever have that problem, when I wore them with boots last winter they looked just like dark jeans. I can only wear my 3/4 length leggings this summer since it's so hot, and when I do that I just wear a loose shirt to balance it out.










Do you have a hoochie dress that you can put leggings under?

Lexi

3 comments:

  1. No hoochie dresses but I totally assumed yours was a tunic when I saw you in it this weekend! Good job reconstructing...now come on over and help me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ! I do have one or two of those! Also a belt would look cute with that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked so wonderful in this outfit on Sunday. Love it. I may have to give the leggings thing a try. Finding the right piece to wear over then is part of the trick it seems.

    ReplyDelete