Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spaghetti bake

I'm Italian, and I never get tired of pasta. Although this recipe isn't super authentic, it still satisfies any cravings I have. It makes a ton of food and the leftovers are delish.


Ingredients:

  • Panko breadcrumbs
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • Jarred mushrooms (I used 2 jars b/c I love mushrooms)
  • Cream cheese
  • Mozzarella
  • Spicy Italian sausage
  • Pasta (I used spaghetti)


Directions:
  • Remove the casings from the sausage and brown in a pot while you crumble it

  • Once the sausage is cooked through, drain any fat out of the pot. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and any seasonings you like (I use a blend of dried Italian spices, and garlic powder)
  • While the sauce is simmering, cook the package of pasta according to it's directions. Slice the mozzarella. When the spaghetti is done, drain it then put it back in the same pot with the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese coats each strand of spaghetti evenly.

  • Rub a baking dish with a little bit of olive oil and begin layering: sauce, pasta mixture, sauce, mozzarella, then breadcrumbs. 

  • Put in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, then under the broiler for 2 minutes to brown the top.


Enjoy!

Lexi














2 comments:

  1. Wow lex - this sounds great. Well, I can't say you got the recipe from me. I wonder if I could use ground turkey instead of the sausage - although I'm sure the sausage is MUCH more tasty.
    I can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use ground turkey and just add seasonings that are found in sausage, like some fennel seed and crushed red pepper flakes. I bet that would taste just as great!

    ReplyDelete