Sunday, June 17, 2012

Creatures in the garden

So I was out watering my potted plants in the front yard the other day and I saw something move..so I took a closer look.



I couldn't believe it, the tiniest frog I have ever seen in my life! I looked under the plant a little more and saw a ton of them living in this plant! I suppose it does make sense, the plan they live in is called 'Frog Moss'. A frog must have laid eggs in the moss, and since I water it often the eggs survived. 


for size reference



Now I'm obsessed with them, I check on them everyday. 

Here are some other creatures living in my garden right now.




The caterpillar thing in the last picture was eating this Silver Pony Foot, not good for my garden. Needless to say, I relocated him to my neighbor's yard. 

What creatures are in your garden?

Lexi

5 comments:

  1. OMG THATS SO CUTE!!!!!!! Remember when we used to go frong hunting?!?! And do you remember that fuzzy caterpillar I caught and kept in a lil box, and then it turned into a month, and we let it free??....oh to be young again...*sigh*

    -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was so happy that it actually survived!! And setting it free was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Right now I have lots of butterflies. I'll have to look for frogs.
    Do you still have the burrowing toad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen him lately, but I hear frogs chirping at night. I need to plant some things that attract butterflies!

      Delete