Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Inspiration

So my last post talked about the difference between style and fashion, and I mentioned that I think the difference between the two is that style is what you make of fashion. I also mentioned that I was going to try to start really making each outfit I wear my own. Well, you can make an outfit your own by getting inspiration from someone else. If you haven't already seen this blog, check it out. This girl finds looks that she sees online or in magazines and then recreates them using items that she has. I think a great way to personalize an outfit is to start with an idea of the look you're going for, and then use what you've got. Check out my recreation of her outfit below.




Remember when I wore this top here? It's a cute top, but I wasn't doing much to make it special. All I needed was a little inspiration from J's Everyday Fashion  to add the elements my last outfit was missing.

What do you use for inspiration?

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment