Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's the most awkward & awesome Thursday!


That's right Jimbo, you're marrying this awkward girl!

This is perhaps the most awkward & awesome Thursday ever, it's the day before my wedding and it's surreal and amazing at the same time. 

My entire life I've been telling myself and other people that I'm in no rush to get married and that marriage will happen much further down the road. Well I'm down the road now and although I am ready, it is strange to experience such a big shift in my life. 

The other day I asked Jim if he could remember the moment when he realized he wanted to marry me. He laughed and said 'oh, maybe a month in', I thought he must have misunderstood the question. I said 'no, I asked when you realized you wanted to MARRY me.', he gave the same response and I was pretty surprised. 

I don't remember the exact moment that I realized I wanted to marry him, but I do know I've been committed to him and us since we met. The path to this day has been so effortless it almost caught me by surprise.

I have been trying to enjoy each moment leading up to the wedding as much as I can (basically doing the opposite of the brides on Bridezillas), and so far I have enjoyed every moment. There was a stressful moment where I felt like the details were spinning out of control, but my awesome day of coordinator brought everything back in for me and it's been smooth sailing since then. 

My mantra tomorrow will be to enjoy every moment of the actual wedding because it is literally a once in a lifetime event and will be done before I know it. If you see me tomorrow, remind me of this!

Lexi
















No comments:

Post a Comment