Thursday, February 14, 2013

Here we go...again


Ok so I need to say that I just spent 5 minutes trying to remember my domain name... lexiandthecity? lexandthecity.com? lexandthecityaustin.com? Nope. I finally remembered it, lexandthecityaustin.blogspot.com

The last time I posted was on December 8, 2012. I'm not sure why I took the break, I didn't intend to, it just happened. I went to South Padre for a few days in December and remember thinking when I got there, 'oh, I should have done one last post before I left, and said in the post that I would be leaving. Oh well, not like anyone reads this thing anyway.' And then that thought stayed with me, 'no one reads this thing anyway, why bother?'. 

I think I've used these few months away to decide if I really wanted to keep my blog. I read a post on one of my favorite blogs that was about blogging (that's right, blogging about blogging). She said that unless you LOVE blogging, you shouldn't do it. That seemed really harsh to me and I think it probably pushed me further away. I felt like I shouldn't be blogging because I don't LOVE LOVE it, I just enjoy it. 

I think the other thing that pushed me away was thinking that I had to update this blog at least twice a week. I'm not sure where I got that number from, but I felt pressured to stick with it and was disappointed in myself when I didn't. 

Those are all the reasons that I kept silent over the last few months, and here are the reasons that I am breaking that silence. 

After I started the blog I felt like I really started to figure out my particular style and saw so many possibilities in my closet that I had never seen before. It was also a great way for me to remember the great outfits I came up with. All of my favorite outfits were cataloged in my blog. In the past I would put together an awesome outfit that I loved, and then forget about it the next day and never wear that combo again. In the months that I haven't been blogging, I've lost inspiration. I'm in an outfit rut where I can't be creative with anything that I have. I've been just rotating the same 10 dress shirts to work all the time, and can't ever find anything cute to wear on the weekend. Tragic, I know.

I don't want to lose that inspiration I found when I started blogging, which is what gave me the push I needed to decide to keep my little blog baby (it's a girl). 

I've decided that the only rule I must stick to going forward, is that I have to enjoy doing this. I'm not going to worry about how often I update, or how many people are reading this. If I'm going to do this, it needs to be for me and not for my audience (sorry!). 

Anyway, I've got so many pictures from the last few months just sitting on my computer that I think I'm going to spend the next few weeks recapping what I've been doing while on my mini vacation from blogging. So get ready, because here we go... again. 

Lexi


2 comments:

  1. Perfect! Do it for you and you'll love it. I so enjoy reading. And can relate all around. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need to take a break from something to truly appreciate it again. I'm so glad you're coming back with new enthusiasm! I should apply that to my blog.....:) x0x0 love ya sweetie!

    ReplyDelete