Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend



On Friday night Jim and I went to his brother's wedding. I originally fell in love with this dress on the Ruche website, but wasn't willing to spend $65 for it. I came across the exact same dress on the Lulus website for only $46 so i snatched it up. I used a ribbon I had from another shirt and I think it made a pretty nice outfit. I also wanted to do something different with my hair so I went with a low side bun. I curled all my hair using a 3/4" curling iron then made a side ponytail and just pinned sections until it came together into a bun, it took a few times. When you are planning on being in 90 degree heat, and dancing all night...hairspray is your best friend. My hairstylist told me about the brand 'It's a 10', I can buy it at my grocery store and it is amazing, the best hairspray I've found yet. 

Jim's step mom and I

Jim and I


Jim and our friend Ty

Joksters

Liz and I


It was a fun night that included lots of dancing, which is probably why I felt like I was hit by a train the next morning. We took it easy on Saturday and grilled steaks in our backyard with Ty and Liz that night. They brought fillets to grill and omg... best steaks ever!!!!

Grilling steaks is a super easy meal to plan and execute. Start with a charcoal grill, put most of the coals on one side so you have a hot side and a cold side. We usually let the grill warm up for about 30 minutes. I didn't have time to marinate these steaks so I just seasoned them well and threw them on the hot side of the grill for 90 seconds on each side them finished them on the cool side of the grill. I really think this gives the steaks a nice crusty outside and juicy inside. I love baked potatoes so I bought some potatoes, pierced them with a fork, and threw them in a 400 oven for about an hour and 10 minutes or so. We cooked the asparagus on the grill by making a little foil pack with seasonings and olive oil. The grocery store I go to sells awesome garlic bread that you just throw in the oven, couldn't be easier. These steaks were literally better than any I've had at restaurants, so tender!





Sunday night was the night we celebrated our anniversary at Uchiko, amazing.


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous post. Thanks for sharing the pic of us!!! Guess I need some stronger lycra!! You look particularly fabulous in the last photo in front of that dazzling abstract! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great memorial day weekend. Great pics of you - both in the wedding dress and the anniversary skirt. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And good tip about the steaks!

    ReplyDelete