Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Outfit Post

I think I need to start this post by saying a lil something about myself. 

I can remember being 6 years old, watching my legs jiggle while riding in my parents car and thinking of ways to lose this disgusting leg fat. I was mortified that my thighs jiggled. I can also remember being in high school and feeling so insanely guilty for eating those fries for lunch, I should have skipped lunch all together.

Looking back on those thoughts, I was crazy. I was a stick when I was little, and I'm pretty much the same size now that I was in high school. I'm never going to be a size 0, and that's ok because this is what I look like

I have fat, I have curves, I like to eat, and I also like to exercise. I accept the way I look, and I accept that if I want a dress that actually fits from Modcloth, I'm going to have to order a size large even though it is ridiculous that a size 8 is considered large. 

Anyway, the point of these outfit posts is to hopefully give you some inspiration when staring at your closet in the morning and feeling like you have nothing to wear. 

Outfit details:

Where I wore this: to work (I work in a pretty casual office environment)
Top: Forever 21 
Belt: Target
Skirt: Ruche (I think)
Cardigan: Target
Necklace: Nordstom
Shoes: Aldo

I am loving stripes right now, they really add interest to an outfit with other solid pieces. This time a year ago, 1. I wouldn't even own a high waist skirt, and 2. I would not have paired it with anything other than a plain white tee. I like this combo though, it reminds me a lil of a sailor. 






4 comments:

  1. Yes you always were a stick growing up :) I love this Lex...you look and have always looked fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always hated my jiggly thighs. My jeans wear out on the inner left thigh every single time! So frustrating, but spanx and anti-chafing gel help this wide thighed girl!

    Love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete