Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's a girl!




At my 20 week midwife appointment we had an ultrasound and found out we are having a girl! We were both shocked, we were so convinced it was a boy in there all along. In my early pregnancy I had a few dreams about a baby boy with black hair. Now I should have seen this coming because I also had a dream that it was actually a cat so apparently my dreams aren't reliable. 

It took a day or two for the news to sink in, because I had been thinking it was a boy for the last 5 months. Once the news settled, we started talking about how exciting it's going to be to have a little girl. I can't wait for pigtails and headbands! Jim can't wait to spoil her, I'm going to have to keep the spoiling to a minimum though. I can't wait to see what she looks like, hopefully a little like each of us. 

Things are getting very real now that I'm in the second half of my pregnancy. Now we know she's a girl, and I can feel her kick every day. My bump is also growing and Jim says it looks like there's a basketball under my shirt. Pretty soon it'll look like there's a beach ball under there!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment