Thursday, November 21, 2013

Shopping for NYC

via
Jim and I are visiting NYC this December with our traveling buddies, Ty and Liz. This will be my third time visiting and I am beyond excited to see the city with Jim. While we're there we plan on seeing The Rockettes, eating in Little Italy, seeing the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center, and tons more. 

I realized pretty early on that all of my Texas jackets are a joke compared to what I am going to experience when I get up there, so I've been on the hunt for a proper jacket for a while. Some requirements I've had are:
  • Needs to be wool or wool blend
  • Needs to have Thinsulate, which helps maintain your body heat
  • Needs to be at least mid-thigh length
  • Needs to be matched with black or brown
After much searching and pinning, I decided the perfect jacket for the trip would be the Jcrew Lady Day Coat. It met all of my requirements and I love the single breasted look, but I didn't love the price tag. After browsing Ebay for a few weeks I found my jacket for less than half the price! The previous owner ordered the wrong size and couldn't wear it. That's what I love about Ebay, you can find great deals on brand new items too.

Now that I've got my jacket, I can start looking for shoes. Lately I've been drawn to more 'grungy' winter looks: loose tops, moto style booties, messy hair. Love it all.  Here are the top two contenders for a daytime walking bootie:
buy here

buy here
I'm trying to justify just buying both......

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment