Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin bread

This year for Thanksgiving Jim and I took off work Wednesday-Sunday, it's currently Friday morning and this mini staycation has been glorious so far. On Wednesday we went to the grocery store to pick up everything we would need for the next few days and I decided to get fancy and attempt to make this pumpkin bread recipe.

The instructions aren't super detailed, but thanks to Ina Garten I knew that anytime you mix wet and dry ingredients together, you have to add the dry to the wet (not the other way around) and do it in a few batches to get a batter that will come out moist and delicious. I added the dry ingredients in 3 batches, mixing in between. I also used this opportunity to break out my KitchenAid stand mixer that I rarely use.

I also made my first attempt at my aunt's famous honey butter. Her instructions weren't super helpful..."I start with 2 sticks of butter and add honey until it tastes right."..... I used 1 stick of butter since it would just be the two of us eating and added maybe 3 tbs honey. 


Grease and flour the baking dishes





Mix the wet ingredients

Mix the dry ingredients

Add the dry ingredients to the wet in 3 batches, mixing in between

Distribute the batter evenly between the 3 pans

Bake

Yum!
 Lexi





1 comment:

  1. Yummy is right! I've gotta whip up some honey butter - haven't had that in years. Envious of that KitchenAid mixer!

    ReplyDelete